When should you start thinking about maximising the value of your eventual exit from your business?
No matter what stage in your business lifecycle – start up, growth, maturity, exit – the answer is, now.
At Nexia Edwards Marshall, we enjoy working with business owners throughout your business lifecycle, and we believe that you should be rewarded for what you do – taking on risk, creating employment and creating wealth.
Having worked with many businesses transitioning in a variety of ways – such as by trade sale, management buy-out, family succession or public listing – how well the process is executed is largely up to you.
The other critical factor is time. There’s a lot more to extracting the maximum value from your business than merely brokering a sale. Whether two years away or twenty years, the process for maximising your exit value starts now.
This important session covered:
- The components that drive a business’s value
- The compounding effect of small improvements in each component over time
- The different types of business exits
- The exit/sale/transition process
- Sell the assets or sell the company?
- Pre-sale restructuring
- Tax planning
- Maximising the after-tax sale proceed